17 April, 07:50
One of the Congress's few achievements was
17 April, 08:05
Disparities associated with race and class have long vexed this country. But as the civil rights laws and school desegregation mandates took hold in the 1960s, '70s and '80s, the academic performance of poor, black and Latino students improved significantly.
The National Assessment of Educational Progress, a longstanding standardized test measuring student achievement, showed, for example, that gaps in reading and math scores between black and white high school students nationally was roughly halved between 1971 and 1996, Harvard social policy professor Christopher Jencks and UCLA public policy professor Meredith Phillips noted in their 1998 book, "The Black-White Test Score Gap."
17 April, 08:34
1. Government signed a treaty of alliance with France in 1778.
2. Government successfully waged a war for independence against the British.
3. Government negotiated an end to the American Revolution in the Treaty of Paris, signed in 1783.
4. Government granted the free inhabitants of each state "all the privileges and immunities of free citizens in the se several states."
5. Government provided for the eventual admission of Canada into the Confederation.
6. Government passed the Northwest Ordinance of 1787, which allowed the Northwest Territories to organize their own governments. It allowed the eventual admission to the Union of no more than five states, and no fewer than three, "on an equal footing with the original states." The Ordinance also banned slavery from the region.
7. Government established the Departments of Foreign Affairs, War, Marine, and Treasury
Know the Answer?
Not Sure About the Answer?
Get an answer to your question ✅
“One of the Congress's few achievements was ...”
in 📙 Social Studies if there is no answer or all answers are wrong, use a search bar and try to find the answer among similar questions.
Search for Other Answers
New Questions in Social Studies
Henry David Thoreau felt that war was unjust and therefore refused to pay his taxes when the United States declared war on Mexico. Thoreau felt that there was a higher law than the law of the land. Which theory of jurisprudence was he applying?
How have you participated in economics during the past week?
Which of the following statements best describes the changes in American cities from 1900 to 2000? A. During the early i900s, the populations of US cities located in the South were the highest, but by 2000, these populations began to decline as
Your friend is generally quiet and passive, but suddenly, he is passionately talking about hurting another person who is bothering him. Which of the following would be the best reaction to your friend?
Krista's best friend has a huge crush on a guy in their physics class. When Krista hears he is now single, she immediately tells her friend.
⭐️ Social Studies
» One of the Congress's few achievements was