From the following numbered list of characteristics, decide which pertain to (a) precipitation hardening, and which are displayed by (b) dispersion strengthening.
(1) The strengthening mechanism involves the hindering of dislocation motion by precipitates/particles.
(2) The hardening/strengthening effect is not retained at elevated temperatures for this process
(3) The hardening/strengthening effect is retained at elevated temperatures for this process
(4) The strength is developed by a heat treatment
(5) The strength is developed without a heat treatment
(a) 1,3,5 (b) - 1,2,4
(a) 3,5 (b) 1,2,4
(a) 1,2,4 (b) 3,5
(a) 1,2,4 (b) - 1,3,5
(a) - 1,3,4 (b). 1,2,5
Exchange the knowledge in Engineering with other students. Learn new facts, share them and become better in a chosen subject. Doing Engineering homework has never been so easy. Show the things you’re an expert in, find facts you don’t know yet and change the way of getting education for free.